If you’ve read my blog before, you may have picked up on the “Hello, I’m Brenda and I’m confident” mantra, but if not, 👋, hello and welcome! Anyway, I thought it would be fun to talk about confidence so I asked two of my good friends (Val and Eddie) to ask me questions based on confidence.
T H E Q U E S T I O N S A N D A N S W E R S
- What do you take pride in? I definitely take pride in my blog, the laughter I give to my friends and family, my confidence 😉 , and the comfort of not fitting in with the crowd.
- If you were to judge your strengths and weakness what would they be? (2 each) My strengths are definitely my inspirational outlook on life and the advice I give to people going through a hard time. I think they’re both things that a lot of people don’t get enough credit for because they’re both truly important keys to living a happy life. My two weaknesses would be my (unfortunately) frequent lack of concentration and my subconscious ability of getting in arguments with people. I do tend to lose focus because my mind is always wandering over what time lunch is and how tired I am which sucks, but hey, I’m working on it. I also tend to get in small arguments a lot with people because I never back down. I always stand my ground and obviously people don’t always like that. I stick with my beliefs and I don’t let people sway me from it so as you can imagine, my stubborn Taurus self has been involved in many disagreements.
- Who is your inspiration and why do you look up to him/her/it? I have a lot of people who inspire me. Mostly my dad, Martin Luther King Jr., Malala Cartia Mallan, The Messy Heads. My dad has an incredible work ethic as he came to America with nothing but a couple hundred bucks. He’s built two successful companies where he created a foundation for our family to grow on. He taught me that anything is possible if you put your mind to it. MLK Jr. and Malala both inspire me because they like me, don’t back down. They stand up for themselves and their beliefs. As for Cartia Mallan and The Messy Heads, I look up to them because they stand for living a juicy and creative life because as we all know, life is too short to be passing up heart-pumping opportunities.
- When you are feeling at your lowest, what do you do to kick yourself back up? Whenever I’m having a bad day or just feeling really crappy I workout to exhale the negative vibes and rant to a friend. As for making myself feel better, I tell myself that everything happens for a reason because it really does. Something may seem like the worst thing in the world but in the end, you take something away from it and whatever your situation may be, it’ll always lead to something positive and stimulating.
- What aspect of your life makes it hard to stay confident? If there’s anyone who has encountered back-stabbing, fake, and manipulative bitches, it’s me. So obviously, if there’s one aspect that can make it hard for me to stay confident, it’s the things I hear people say about me behind my back. You just have to know that if people are worrying more about you than they are themselves, they’re simply bored with their life and don’t have anything better to do.
- What advice would you give to your youngest self? Probably to not compare myself to others, surround myself with positive people, and that everything will eventually pass. I just uploaded a post on comparisons but to recap, I think once you stop comparing yourself to the people you will never be, you start to become more comfortable with yourself. Rather than moping around about how bad you feel about yourself compared to the other person, you begin to better yourself which will get you to the point of not even thinking negative thoughts about yourself. Hence the last question, I’ve surrounded myself with people who’ve done nothing but drag me down so I know the importance of a solid and happiness-boosting friend group. I’ve also gone through a TON of shit in my life so I can also say I know that everything will pass. Even if you’re eternally embarrassed about it, no one else is thinking about it.
- What’s your favorite thing you do to make yourself the most confident? If I ever need a boost of confidence, I do a kick-ass workout, take a steamy long shower (I never do so it’s a luxury), put on a matching bra and underwear set, and dress to impress. It doesn’t matter where I’m going or who I’m seeing but as long as I feel (and dress) like I can conquer the world, my confidence is higher than the heavens.
A huge thanks to my my (POSITIVE 🙂 ) friends Val and Eddie for their questions. <3