Greetings from Penang, Malaysia! Over the course of the past week I’ve gone from scrambling to hand in all my assignments early to driving through Singapore and Malaysia. Since I’m moving around a lot, it’s obviously not ideal to lug around a crap-ton of products. Here are the beauty products I’ve been using that have been travel friendly without risking quality.
T H E P R O D U C T S
- Avene Thermal Water Mist: I’m a face mist junkie and out of the many, MANY, I’ve tried, this one holds a special place in my heart. It’s also from a French brand. Considering their high status in skincare, what’s not to love?
- Jack Black Lip Balm: Despite the designated gender of this lip balm (male) nothing is stopping me from slathering this all over my lips. It’s very minty and soothing so it’s great for any vacation that’s stripping your lips of its essential moisture.
- Tweezers: By Sephora, they work well and have a comb so…yeah. I mean, they’re just tweezers.
- Etude House Lash Serum: I’m not necessarily trying to grow my lashes out, although I’m not opposed to the idea, but it works for eyebrows so hopefully my brows will coming out of hiding soon.
- LUSH Bubblegum Lip Scrub: My lips get flaky somewhat quickly so this is a must-have. It also tastes and smells like bubblegum! (No shit.)
- Pacifica Rose Roll-On Perfume: Clearly, this perfume smells like roses. But it also is cruelty-free and vegan so it’s a win-win for everyone.
- NUDE Rescue Oil: I’ve been using this for the daytime as my daily moisturizer in replacement of a thicker cream I usually use due to the weather out her in Malaysia but I fully intend to continue doing so when I return home to the US. It doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy rather hydrated and soft so you can’t go wrong with this.
- Benefit Gimme Brow: I’ve been jumping around with brow products between my PIXI one, this gel, and a Kevyn Aucoin pencil (shown later), but this is very fast and portable so it’s one of those: I’m just gonna throw it in here because it looks good and takes like a second to apply.
- Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter: It’s a pretty standard tinted lip balm but it doubles as a blush so, 🙂
- Savannah Bee Beeswax Hand Cream: Especially on the plane, my hands get dry AF and nothing moisturizes dry hands like a beeswax hand cream. It also smells BOMB.
- Art Deco Nail Polish (Shade 63): I just got this last night from SaSa, but it’s on my nails right now and I’m loving it. It’s the prettiest little lilac color so it’s great with a tan.
- Guerlain Bronzer (Sun Brunettes): I just got this a few weeks ago but I’m in love with it already. It has a few different shades of pinks and browns with some shimmer in it so it’s a 3 in 1: bronzer, blush, and highlighter. I use it with this Claire’s brush (…) but it looks awesome so why the hell not?
- Marc Jacobs Concealer Pen: Although this is a tad bit on the greasy side, it covers everything up without the need to go back over and over again to get the desired amount of coverage. Plus, it’s very travel friendly.
- Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow Pencil: As previously mentioned, this is a brow product of the few I’ve been switching around and I do love it! It has a good brush so I’m pretty much set.
- Lancome Hypnose Drama Waterproof Mascara: The fact that I’ve been using this since I was in the 8th grade says enough. I’m a sophomore in high school now.
- Clarins Lip Perfecter (Rosewood): It’s somehow not sticky or gritty feeling and is super hydrating so it’s worth every penny even though it’s on the pricier side.
- Josie Maran Cheek Gelee (Red Getaway): This blush gives me life because it’s not a powder but it’s also not a cream. It’s pretty much jell0 for your cheeks in the best way possible.
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner (Black): The reigning champion of liquid liners.
- Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eyeshadow (Moonlight): I hate eyeshadow unless it’s in a stick and you can apply it with your fingers. And this is in a stick and you can apply it with your fingers. I actually love it.
Happy Holidays! 🙂 <3