It has just come to my attention from not only myself but several close friends that I’m losing it. Losing it as in the fact that I barely sleep enough to get myself through first period. Losing it as in the fact that I broke my beloved and precious Macbook, Latisha. Losing it as in the fact that I’ve been online shopping an inhuman amount. Losing it as in the fact that I’m desperately monitoring the Weather Channel and Snow Day Calculator for a damn snow day. Did you know I’m losing it?
Aside from the things that are keeping me from being at the top of my A-game, there’s one thing to look forward to: President’s Day Weekend. I had plans to fly over to Colorado for an epic ski weekend but my hopes and dreams were crushed when I learned that I well, wasn’t. Looking back though, I could use a couple days off the slopes and school books. My life has fallen into a black hole where I can hardly maintain a decent conversation with my best friend because I’m just that brutally sleep deprived. So here’s my thing: This staycation is going to rock because I’m going to go back to school a new person, God damnit.
If you’re like me and are going to be spending your time relaxing instead of laying on some tropical island or skiing parallel, here are some things to do this staycation to replenish you for the weeks ahead.
T H E S T A Y C A T I O N
- Go on a cleanse: Before you exit this website, let me get one thing clear. I mean cleanse as in cleansing your body of build-up gunk. Cleanse as in, “Hey, let’s not eat chips and brownies all day everyday for the next five days!”. Yes, it’s 100% okay to have a treat here or there but I’m pretty sure it’s been a little more than here or there as of late. Don’t lie. I promise, eating clean for the weekend will make you feel and look much better.
- Exercise: Following up on the previous thing to do, a little exercise here or there didn’t hurt nobody either. And since were all staying in this weekend, we have plenty of time on our hands. Make it easy for yourself if you have chronic laziness, just stretch and workout in your bed. You’ll feel the burn, trust me.
- Color: Coloring can be for adults too, not only first graders so grab yourself an adult coloring book and color your troubles and struggles away. It’s quite therapeutic I must say.
- Have a spa day: Having a spa day doesn’t have to be ridiculously expensive. Just do it at home. With some nail polish, a working bath tub, coconut oil, and meditation music, spend a day relaxing and meditating to rejuvenate.
- Read: Try getting off of CBS or some other news channel because sometimes the bad things going on in the world can really mess with you all day. Instead, grab new reading material like a heart-pounding action novel or even an inspirational type book. After all, we are trying to make ourselves feel better.
- Lastly….SLEEP: A lot. Like I just said, I’m incredibly sleep deprived. Don’t believe me? Just look at my under eyes. That being said, screw your alarm clock and screw Netflix. Shut down your computer and phone right after the first yawn and head to sleep and wake up whenever your body is ready to. It’ll be worth it, I promise.
If anything, those bitches in the Bahamas should be envying us.